Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A family favorite.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (Pillsbury Ready Made Crust)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, chopped
- Unfold and stack 2 pie crusts; gently roll or press pie crusts together. Fit pie crusts into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under and crimp. Line pie shell with aluminum foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 425°F for 15 minutes. Remove weights and foil; cool.
- Saute mushrooms, in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden brown and liquid is absorbed.
- Combine cheeses; set aside.
- Stir together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; add mushrooms, bell pepper and olives.
- Pour half of egg mixture into prepared crust. Sprinkle evenly with two-thirds cheese mixture. top with remaining egg mixture, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set, shielding edges with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.