Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Loved Bec's South of the Border Pie but made several adjustments- very good recipe! This version is crustless, but I also like putting it in a pie crust.
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- nonstick cooking spray
- green pepper, chopped (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- In a saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil till tender but not brown.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Cook for 1 minutes more.
- Stir in beans, cooked rice, cheese, milk, and eggs.
- Spray a 10-inch pie place or quiche dish with nonstick coating.
- Spoon mixture into pie place and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or till center is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with green pepper and serve with salsa.