Recipe by pines506
This is a good meatless main dish served with a salad or I've served it alongside chicken enchiladas. This is super easy to do with the corn tortilla crust.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons canned diced diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- avocado, slices
- parsley or cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Submerge tortillas, one at a time in hot oil in skillet for about 5 seconds, just to seal and soften. Drain on paper towels.
- Place one tortilla in center of 9 inch quiche or pie pan.
- Arrange remaining tortillas around pan, overlapping slightly and allowing edge to extend 1-2 inches above rim of pan; set aside.
- In oil remaining in skillet, cook onion until tender, but not browned.
- Stir in corn, green chilies, olives and tomato.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until some of the moisture is evaporated; set aside.
- In bowl, combine half-and-half, eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over tortilla shell.
- Sprinkle vegetables over cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over all.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish top with avocado slices and cilantro or parsley.