Recipe by rochsann
A request recipe from the Watermark Restaurant in Cleveland, printed in the October 2000 issue of Bon Appetit, this is an easy, elegant soup. The cilantro on top makes it! Can be made a day ahead.
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup packed grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth and whipping cream to boil in heavy medium pot.
- Whisk in canned pumpkin, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup thickens slightly and flavors blend, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish servings with cheese and cilantro.