A request recipe from the Watermark Restaurant in Cleveland, printed in the October 2000 issue of Bon Appetit, this is an easy, elegant soup. The cilantro on top makes it! Can be made a day ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring broth and whipping cream to boil in heavy medium pot.
- 2Whisk in canned pumpkin, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and nutmeg.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup thickens slightly and flavors blend, about 15 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Garnish servings with cheese and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.0
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 217.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 11.3 g