Recipe by Undnblsprk
A spicy twist to a summer classic
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
This recipe is from Taste of Home and is wonderful! It is meant to be served in flour tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. I'm sure it's great on buns too, I just wanted to post the original option which is delicious!
- 8 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chilies, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, onion and seasonings in a 3 quart slow cooker. Add pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork and shred with two forks. Return pork to slow cooker and heat through. Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns.