Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
Tip for coating the potato slices with the garlic salt and black pepper. Place the potato slices in a large resealable bag, pour in about 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and add the garlic salt and black pepper. Shake it to coat it. ... From Grandma's Kitchen
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 unpeeled large baking potatoes, scrubbed, about 1 lb. each
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Fry bacon in a medium skillet until browned and crisp; drain well; crumble. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Brush both sides of the potato slices with vegetable oil. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Mix garlic salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Brush with barbecue sauce.
- Mix bacon, Colby, green onions and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake potatoes until cheese melts, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a heated serving platter. Top with sour cream, if desired.