Recipe by looneytunesfan
Tastes just like stuffed baked potatoes from a restaurant.
Top Review by Sabia
My husband and I loved these and I've made them a few times since. My only tip is to make sure not to miss the detail of slicing the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Too small will cause a chip-like consistency, and too large will create under-cooked potatoes. This recipe is wonderful because it's simple and fast. Most potato recipes take around three times longer to prepare.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 large potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a medium skillet until browned and crisp; drain well; crumble. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Preheat oven to 450*.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Brush both sides of the potato slices with vegetable oil. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Mix garlic salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Brush with barbecue sauce.
- Mix bacon, Colby, green onions and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake potatoes until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a heated serving platter. Top with sour cream if desired.