Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tastes just like stuffed baked potatoes from a restaurant.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 large potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Fry bacon in a medium skillet until browned and crisp; drain well; crumble. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Preheat oven to 450*.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Brush both sides of the potato slices with vegetable oil. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Mix garlic salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Brush with barbecue sauce.
- Mix bacon, Colby, green onions and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake potatoes until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a heated serving platter. Top with sour cream if desired.
My husband and I loved these and I've made them a few times since. My only tip is to make sure not to miss the detail of slicing the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Too small will cause a chip-like consistency, and too large will create under-cooked potatoes. This recipe is wonderful because it's simple and fast. Most potato recipes take around three times longer to prepare.
Great potato variation, ltf! The potato is a required dinner item here in Iceland, but they usually serve them boiled & w/o seasoning, an approach I have been working to chg. The BBQ flavor was like going back to my Dallas roots & loved the whole combo of ingredients, esp the garlic! I am sure I used an extra measure of both garlic & cheese, but I favor the More is Better Principle. If something is good, then more of it is always better! I used olive oil instead of veg oil & skipped the sour cream as the potatoes were plenty good w/o it. I served them w/green salad & hamburger steak for a nice meal. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.