Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Potato skins with a Mexi-twist. Taken from "The Ground Beef" cookbook.
- 6 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pierce potatoes with fork and microwave on high for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut potatoes in half; scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch shell.
- Reserve potato pulp for another use.
- Brown beef 6 to 8 minutes in large skillet over medium heat, stirring to break up meat.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in green onions.
- Spoon meat mixture into potato shells; top with tomato, olives and cheese.
- Place filled potato shells on baking sheet; broil until cheese is melted.
- Top with salsa, sour cream or guacomole if desired.