Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A spin on Bobby Flay's very distinctive southwestern, egg-less potato salad. To better soak in the flavors, make sure you pour the sauce over the warmed/hot potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (plain yogurt works well or a combination of both)
- 3 -4 tablespoons Dijon mustard (start with least amount)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle pepper, pureed (in adobo)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro leaf, loosely packed
- 3 green onions, sliced thin, white and green parts
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs new potatoes, cooked, drained and sliced 1/2-inch thick (cooked in salted water)
- Combine all the ingredients, except the potatoes, in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place warm potatoes in a large bowl and pour the mixture over potatoes and mix well. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Can be eaten warm or cold.
Outstanding! and a nice change from the norm. I made some changes because I decided to make this at the last minute and didn't have the exact ingredients on hand: I used larger red potatoes (peeled) and cut them into chunks rather than slicing them. I also omitted the bacon because I had none, but added some thawed frozen kernel corn. I opted for extra cayenne pepper and garnished the salad with fresh cilantro and a sprinkling of sliced scallions. Served this with grilled garlic shrimp and pita bread heated on the grill. This is truly a keeper.
Aussie Swap#54 - WOW!! This potato salad packs a flavor wallop!! It is delicious!