Recipe by ll.eaton_5498914
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This dish may be served at breakfast or brunch as a main course, or even as a side. Made with Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Potatoes, eggs, light cream, cheddar cheese, and a spice blend. The potatoes are still the star of the recipe. I created this recipe based on ease of preparation and convenience; my family tends to like Southwestern cuisine and food which is on the spicier side. Reduced fat ingredient substitutes may be used for the dairy ingredients.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons california style garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten or 2 egg substitute
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese (1 c. sharp, 1 c. mild)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly spray 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray, coating bottom and sides. Set aside.
- Cook Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes according to package directions, adding the California Style seasoning, mixing thoroughly.
- While potatoes cook, beat eggs in a separate bowl; add light cream and whisk until smoothly blended. Set aside.
- Transfer potatoes to prepared casserole dish.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over Steakhouse Potatoes.
- Top with cheese, making sure to cover completely.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 3 minutes and serve.