Recipe by shahill_12125547
Ready, Set, Cook: Special Edition Contest Entry: One of my favorite appetizers is the spiced Indian potato stuffed samosa. I wanted to make a healthier version but wanted to try one with southwestern flavors. This samosa tastes a southwestern twice baked potato. Buen provecho.
- 473.18 ml Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 177.44 ml frozen corn, thawed
- 236.59 ml shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, minced (stems and seeds removed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml dried chipotle powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 453.59 g package phyllo pastry sheet, thawed (9x14-inch sheets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In medium bowl mix mashed potatoes with the next 10 ingredients (corn through pepper); blending to combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- Unwrap and unroll 1 tube of phyllo dough. Cover stack of phyllo sheets with plastic wrap and a damp kitchen towel. Keeping remaining phyllo covered. While working quickly, place 1 sheet on work surface with long side facing you. Spray lightly but thoroughly with butter flavored cooking spray. Lay a second sheet on top; spraying with additional cooking spray. Cut stacked sheets into 5 equal strips (about 2.8-inch wide). Place 1 tablespoon filling about 1" from corner of each strip. Fold one corner of phyllo diagonally over filling to opposite edge to form a neat triangle. Continue folding strip, maintaining triangle shape (like a flag). Spray outside of each triangle with cooking spray. Place triangles seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet 1” apart. Cover with plastic wrap while making remaining samosas.
- Repeat stacking process in same manner with remaining phyllo until filling is used up. (may need to go into second roll of dough if any sheets tear or dry out).
- Bake in preheated 350º F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp all over. Transfer to a rack to cool slightly. Serve hot.