Recipe by Annacia
Seasoned chili beans and bottled salsa make this pork chop dish quick and easy to make.
Top Review by nemokitty
This was ok for us. Unfortunately the chops turned out rather dry and I expected more taste from the salsa and chili beans. We ate the meal by itself without the rice. I also only made 2 chops for us. Made for Zaar's Newest Tag Game 2012.
- 6 pork rib chops, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 2-1/2 lb.)
- 1 (15 ounce) canmexican-style chili beans (or Tex-Mex-style chili beans )
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled salsa
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen whole kernel corn)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from chops.
- Place chops in the bottom of a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker.
- Add chili beans and salsa.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 hours or low-heat setting for 5 hours.
- When that step is complete, turn to high-heat setting, if necessary.
- Stir in corn.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes longer on high-heat setting. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.