Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
Seasoned chili beans and bottled salsa make this pork chop dish quick and easy to make.
- 6 pork rib chops, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 2-1/2 lb.)
- 1 (15 ounce) canmexican-style chili beans (or Tex-Mex-style chili beans )
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled salsa
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen whole kernel corn)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Trim excess fat from chops.
- Place chops in the bottom of a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker.
- Add chili beans and salsa.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 hours or low-heat setting for 5 hours.
- When that step is complete, turn to high-heat setting, if necessary.
- Stir in corn.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes longer on high-heat setting. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
This was ok for us. Unfortunately the chops turned out rather dry and I expected more taste from the salsa and chili beans. We ate the meal by itself without the rice. I also only made 2 chops for us. Made for Zaar's Newest Tag Game 2012.