Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
these spicy pita sandwiches (much like a taco) are great for both meals and snacks.
Make and share this Southwestern Pocket Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- in a skillet cook ground beef and chopped onion till meat is brown and onion is tender; drain off excess fat.
- add taco seasoning mix and water; bring mixture to boiling. reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- stir in refried beans. spoon about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture into each pita bread round half.
- place, open side up, in a 10x6x2-inch baking dish. top each with some of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven fo 20 minutes.
- top each pita bread round with some shredded lettuce and chopped tomato.
- pass taco sauce to pour over each.
- makes 4 servings.