1/2 Photos of Southwestern Pizza
Credit goes to Caroline Grooms from Dickinson, North Dakota - Blue ribbon winner of the 2003 Country Woman Cooking Contest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Combine dry ingredients for crust in a large bowl.
- 2Combine milk, oil& egg in a separate bowl; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3Stir in the cheeses.
- 4Spread into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan and bake in a preheated 400F for 10- 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5Cook beef in a large skillet, over medium heat until no longer pink, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
- 6Stir in water& 1 envelope of taco seasoning.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat& simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Combine sour cream& 2nd package of taco seasoning in a small bowl; mix well.
- 10Spread over crust.
- 11Sprinkle beef mixture over top, followed by half of the cheese mixture.
- 12Combine the corn, beans& salsa in a small bowl; spoon over pizza top, followed by the other half of the cheese mixture.
- 13Broil 5- 6 inches from the heat for 5- 10 minutes or until the cheeses are melted.
- 14Watch Carefully!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (3607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.0
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 757.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 30.1 g