Recipe by LMillerRN
For bold, smoky flavor, try this with two sliced, grilled chicken breasts.
Top Review by flower7
Totally delicious! I halved the recipe and used cajun seasoning instead of creole and left off the chicken to make it vegetarian. Otherwise made as directed and am looking forward to making another one tomorrow! Actually, I'm wishing now that I hadn't halved the recipe! LOL Thanks for sharing!
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas (*)
- 8 ounces shredded mexican cheese
- 1 cup thick and chunky picante sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- sour cream
- chopped avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Top 4 flour tortillas evenly with 1 cup cheese; top with remaining flour tortillas. Divide picante sauce, Black Bean Salsa, chicken, and remaining 1 cup cheese over flour tortillas. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 (11.5-ounce) cans refrigerated corn sticks may be substituted for tortillas. Unroll and press perforations to seal into a lightly greased jellyroll pan to create a rectangular crust. Bake at 375° on lower oven rack 10 minutes. Add toppings, and bake 15 more minutes. Makes 8 pieces.
- Black Bean Salsa:.
- Stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.