1/3 Photos of Southwestern Pinwheels
1 hr 10 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
These appetizers really look and taste great! And they're really simple to make as well. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how big a crowd your are making it for. Try using both green and red tortillas for a nice colorful platter. Cook time is for the filling's chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa (home made or your favorite in a jar)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 flavored 10-inch flour tortillas (tomato/basil, jalapeno/cilantro, or spinach are some kinds I can find in stores here)
- lavash bread, works well also
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1In a bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, scallion, salsa, cilantro and cumin and mix well.
- 2Spread mixture evenly over the two flour tortillas- be sure to reach to the ends.
- 3Place a single layer of the baby spinach leaves evenly over the crem cheese mixture.
- 4Roll the tortillas tightly.
- 5This step is important and will give the"pinwheel" look to your appetizers.
- 6Wrap each roll in plastic wrap, and chill for at least an hour, or up to 8 hours.
- 7After rolls are chilled, unwrap and cut each one in half.
- 8Begin from the smooth half, and cut roll into 1 inch circles.
- 9You should get 4 to 5 circles from each tortilla half depending on how well you tortilla"ends" hold together.
- 10Arrange your pinwheels cut side up on your serving platter.
- 11Cover and chill for up to one hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 93.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g