Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This appetizer can be doubled or tripled. Another recipe from Vegetarian Times
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa, canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce or 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (10 inch) spinach tortillas or 2 (10 inch) green chili peppers tortillas
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- spinach leaves
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onion, salsa, cilantro and cumin.
- Mix until combined.
- Spread cheese mixture over tortillas.
- Place a layer of spinach over cheese.
- Roll tightly and then wrap in plastic.
- Chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Place on a serving platter with the cut side up.
- Garnish each pinwheel with cilantro sprig. Cover and chill up to 1 hour before serving. Before serving, add a dollop of salsa to the top of each pinwheel.
My mom had a catered party and the caterers brought something very similar. I had to add shredded red cabbage and shredded carrot for added color and crunch, like her caterers did. Use the largest tortillas you can find, I prefer the flour ones, but the others would add more color. If you need heat, add a few finely dices jalepenos. Great recipe, and so easy. Just keep them in refrigerator as long as you can (up to 8 hours) and they are easier to cut.
See, now spinach like this, I'm happy to eat! It's the cooked stuff that throws me! Anyway, I made these for a group I host each month, & they were SO IMPRESSED (It showed from the way they wolfed these thingies down!), & I definitely must make them again! Used sharp cheddar as well as Pace chunky mild salsa & came together so easily! Thanks for sharing your great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Potluck Tag game]
very good! I did make a few changes I added in 1 minced garlic clove and some cayenne pepper to the cream cheese mixture and omitted the cilantro, I also added in 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix, so good thanks for sharing Dreamer!