From the Junior League of El Paso, TX - a tasty version of pepper steak! Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Mix cornstarch and soy sauce. Stir in beef broth and mix well. Add chopped green chilies.
- Cut steak in half lengthwise, then cut into thin slices across the grain. Cut celery, onion, and green peppers into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet until quite hot. Cook half of the beef until lightly browned. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook celery and onion about 2 minutes until tender-crisp. Add green pepper and cook 1 minute longer, adding more oil if necessary. Remove vegetables to the plate with the meat.
- Add broth mixture to skillet. Stir until thickened and boiling. Return meat and vegetables to skillet. Stir in bean sprouts and cook until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.