1/2 Photos of Southwestern Pepper Steak
From the Junior League of El Paso, TX - a tasty version of pepper steak! Serve over hot cooked rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cornstarch and soy sauce. Stir in beef broth and mix well. Add chopped green chilies.
- 2Cut steak in half lengthwise, then cut into thin slices across the grain. Cut celery, onion, and green peppers into 1 inch pieces.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet until quite hot. Cook half of the beef until lightly browned. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- 4Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook celery and onion about 2 minutes until tender-crisp. Add green pepper and cook 1 minute longer, adding more oil if necessary. Remove vegetables to the plate with the meat.
- 5Add broth mixture to skillet. Stir until thickened and boiling. Return meat and vegetables to skillet. Stir in bean sprouts and cook until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.7
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 1452.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 31.4 g