Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Just found this at my MILs house - she was a cookbook author. FYI, Pectin-containing gelatin powders, such as Certo, are a great home-remedy for joint-pain. Haven't tried yet, but certainly plan to. Quite an old recipe. I've haven't yet made jelly, so times are a guesstimate.
- 3⁄4 cup juice bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup juice hot pepper
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle Certo
- red food coloring or green food coloring
- Remove seed from BELL peppers & grind. Mix sugar, juice and vinegar. Bring all to a good rolling boil; boil for 5 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes; then add pectin-containing gelatin powders, such as Certo, and HOT pepper juice.
- Add red or green food coloring. Pour into jelly jars and seal as for any jelly.