Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is from All You magazine.
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces gemelli pasta or 12 ounces other short pasta
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 10 minutes or as package label directs. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons fat in skillet, add garlic and chili powder and stir for 30 seconds. Add broth, beans, corn and tomatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and shredded Cheddar, if desired, and serve with lime wedges on the side.