Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is an excellant pot lock dish! It's full of delicious southwestern flavor, and a great side to that gaint southwestern burger. I do hope you enjoy it. Thank You!
Top Review by RockinChef
I'd have to say that this is the best pasta salad I have ever had. It's just great with a big old juice burger and a stack of french fries. I made this for a company barbaque for my father and what a hit! There wasn't a noodle left in the bowl after those guys were done with it. I really gotta hand it to you GuitarGirl (rockin name!) you got something here with this pasta salad, and I think you should enter it in a contest or something because you would surely win. Thanks a bunch for posting, and keep up the good work.!
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 -2 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup quartered pepperoni slice
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the pasta according to directions on the back of the box or bag.
- Drain and rinse under cold water until the pasta is cold itself.
- In a large pasta bowl, combined all the ingredients except the pasta and toss until mixed.
- Add the pasta and toss until mixed.
- Cover and refrigerant over night or at least 6 hours before serving.
- (Chef's Note: Feel free to add or take away the amount of spices, vegetables, or cheese in this dish to suit your own taste; that's what pasta salad is all about!) ENJOY.