Recipe by PanNan
While browsing for a pasta salad recipe, I found Inez Willenborg's Homestyle Macaroni Salad. It sounded good, but I didn't have all the ingredients, so I improvised and came up with this one. We absolutely loved it. Thank you, Inez, for the recipe that was the inspiration for this winner.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is incredible! I doubled the sauce ingredients as I made it the night before the lunch I was going to serve it at and I didn't want it to dry out. It was perfect! I served it with chopped black olives, sliced green olives and mild banner rings as garnish. My guests raved! Thanks for making me look good PanNan!
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh salsa (homemade or the refrigerated variety sold in the produce section)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper