1/6 Photos of Southwestern Pasta Salad
While browsing for a pasta salad recipe, I found Inez Willenborg's Homestyle Macaroni Salad. It sounded good, but I didn't have all the ingredients, so I improvised and came up with this one. We absolutely loved it. Thank you, Inez, for the recipe that was the inspiration for this winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa (homemade or the refrigerated variety sold in the produce section)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Cook pasta in salted boiling water until tender.
- 2Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- 3Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4Add pasta and stir until the pasta is coated.
- 5Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 134.7 mg
- Sodium 586.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g