Recipe by Spankie
I have no clue where I found the basic dressing for this salad, but I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet. This recipe is very versatile - just add the ingredients you like and leave out the ones you don't. It can be a side dish, a main dish, or makes an impressive offering at picnics or pot lucks. This is one recipe you can truly make your own.
- 1 lb your favorite pasta, cooked, drained and cooled (I use Barilla Plus bow tie)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch salad dressing (I use Hidden Valley)
- 2 chilpolte chilies in adobo seasoning (plus 1 Tbsp of sauce)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Green Giant Mexicorn, drained (corn with red and green peppers)
- 1 (6 ounce) canmedium black olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced pimientos
- 2 cups mexican shredded cheese (I use Kraft Mexican 4 Cheese)
Other Optional Ingredients
- 2 -3 cups chicken, cooked (shredded or cubed)
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 -6 scallions, white and green thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse the chilies in adobo and Ranch dressing in a small food processor or blender (I use my Magic Bullet).
- Mix remaining ingredients in a very large bowl (this makes a lot of salad).
- Pour on the dressing and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to meld flavors.
- If you like an added crunch, top with crumbled corn chips or any "Dorito" product (I use the crumbs from the bottom of the bag!). I like to top my serving with Nacho Cheese Dorito crumbs and sliced scallions. Like I said -make it your own!