Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious pasta salad that is a change of pace from the typical ones you see served often. Prep time does not include chilling time of 2 hours.
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (8 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmedium garlic-cilantro salsa (I use Muir Glen organic)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook pasta as directed on package, adding corn during last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, stir together salsa, olive oil, lime juice, and salt. Stir in pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
This is an awesome salad! I don't really care for most pasta salads, finding them 'blah'. The (good quality) salsa makes it. Just gets better over a couple of days!
Easy enough of a recipe that anyone that can boil water can try. I would caution that you must really love the salsa as it is the heart of the recipe, I did enjoy the slsa that the author recomended and it works very well, but can be too spicy for some, so know your audience!
I love this recipe! I pretty much made it as is except I used a cup of canned corn (Green Giants Shoepeg) instead of fresh and green pepper instead of red, its what I had on hand and it was sooooooooo good. I love the combination of the corn with the beans and pasta in this. I have made this several times now and I do think fresh salsa tastes best, but the jar type works well too. I think fresh chopped tomatoes would also work well. My favorite pasta salad now!!