Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a pasta salad full of fun flavors and vibrant color. I haven’t tried it yet, but I got the recipe off the website coolrunning.com and wanted to keep it to make this summer. Cook time is chilling in the fridge.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces multi-colored bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk together until blended.
- Combine pasta, beans, tomatoes, onion, and corn in large bowl; add vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour, add cubed avocado just before serving, and garnish with tortilla chips if desired.
I made this dish for a potluck with my neighbors and everyone loved it. I left the avocadas on the side along with some lime flavored tortilla strips. This recipe has a great flavor and I loved the simple ingredients. This would be a great picnic dish. Thanks for the post.
This was great when I needed a quick potluck dish. I had to do without cilantro, but otherwise, I made the dressing as written. Used a can of diced tomatoes in place of the grape tomatoes, and didn't have an avocado, but it was still great. Next time I'll add both cilantro and avocado, because I think it would be even better.
LOVED this recipe! I am always on the quest for recipes with a texmex/southwestern feel, and when I had to bring a pasta salad to a luncheon, this one hit the spot! I doubled it, and didn't bother with the avocado (although I love them) or the chips, and still was delish!