Recipe by Mirj
Pasta, salsa, chiles, black beans, it's a great combination. No added fats, and if you are food combining, it's a great carb meal if you use whole wheat pasta.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb rotelle pasta or 1 lb other pastas (I try for whole wheat)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to boil.
- When the water boils, add the salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile in medium saucepan, combine salsa, chilies, and black beans.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture simmers but does not boil.
- Continue to simmer over very low heat.
- Scoop out half cup pasta water and reserve.
- Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl.
- Add salsa-bean mixture and toss to coat.
- Add green onion, toss to mix.
- If it seems dry, add some of the reserved pasta water.