Recipe by Paris D
Modified from a recipe found on sweetonionsource.com
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I made this as directed, other than using penne pasta, felt that it would go well with this dish. Very good, I used some already cooked chicken that I had in the fridge, it was a good and satisfying and colourful pasta dinner!!! Very much enjoyed, thank you, made for ZWT 8
- 3 large sweet onions (about 2 1/4 lbs. total)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup corn kernel, fresh or frozen
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked as package directs
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel sweet onions and cut into slices about 1/4-inch thick; separate slices into rings.
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onions, chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, corn and chiles and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Pour in the chicken stock and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the sauce, cooked pasta, cilantro and goat cheese, stirring and tossing to soften the cheese.