Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found this on www.PastaShoppe.com where they sell wonderful fun shapes of pasta. This one sounds perfect! Servings and times are a guess-timate until I can make this.
- 14 ounces pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups grape tomatoes or 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups corn, cooked (fresh or frozen)
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook pasta in gently boiling water until tender but firm.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Lightly coat with olive oil.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, corn, yellow pepper, and onion in a bowl.
- For dressing, mix mayo, mustard, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, and cumin in a small bowl.
- Toss dressing with pasta and veggies, add chopped cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
This salad was just right. I liked that it was easy to make and not too mayonnaisy. The cilantro makes the dish.