Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
As far as I know, I invented this. I had a craving one day and went with it and this is what happened. I like to use a sweet BBQ sauce to contrast the hot sauce but use what you like best.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and pour in cream and cheese.
- Cook over med-low heat stirring frequently to melt cheese.
- Meanwhile cook pasta as directed on package.
- If you use frozen corn add them to the pasta just before draining. Reserve about a 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- Combine the cheese mixture and the pasta mixing well.
- Use the cooking liquid if the sauce gets too thick (you may not need any).
- Stir in beans and canned corn (if you didn't use the frozen).
- Toss well to coat and add hot sauce if you desire.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzel with BBQ sauce to taste (I like to make a star pattern(*) on the pasta)but do not mix inches.
Delish and a dish kids would love and it takes no time at all! I used the whole box of pasta (16 oz) doubled the sauce ingredients plus a bit extra cheese, using all corn (and no beans) and my ds and I polished off almost the whole bowl (with just enough left over for his lunch tomorrow). Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be making often of busy days!