Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sounds like an interesting twist on a French classic! Try this "something different" on your next "Mexican Night"...I know I will:)
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce or 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce or 1⁄2 cup salsa (both for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well; add the light cream and blend again.
- Stir in the cheeses, picante sauce, and chili powder; set aside.
- In a skillet, sautee the onions and peppers in a bit of oil; just before removing from the heat, crush the clove of garlic into the mixture.
- Stir briefly over the heat; remove and cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- When slightly cooled, add vegetables to the egg mixture, along with the olives; stir well.
- Pour into the crust; bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the center tests clean and isn't wobbly.
- Serve hot, with slices of avacado and picante sauce.