Recipe by Lainey6605
I love mushrooms so I couldn't resist posting this delicious-sounding recipe from Rachael Ray's recent magazine issue.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A wonderfully flavoursome mushroom dish that the mushroom loving friends I served this to with rice and salad really enjoyed. I made a couple of small changes. I used my Recipe #135453 instead of the beef stock as I'd just made some, I used freshly ground black pepper instead of the cayenne pepper (zero tolerance of anything hot) and being aware that my these changes had probably reduced some flavour, I added some minced garlic and some of my favourite herbs - rosemary, sage and thyme - in step 2. This is so easy to prepare, so I'll certainly be making it again. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Lainey. Made for Gimme 5.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the mushrooms in a 2-quart pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef broth and flour; microwave at low power until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cayenne; season with salt.
- Immediately pour the sauce over the mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Sprinkle on top of the mushrooms; top with the butter and bake until browned, about 45 minutes.