Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great mac & cheese
- 7 ounces uncooked dried pasta shells
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, shredded (can use regular Monterey Jack)
- 1⁄3 cup crushed nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with no stick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta shells according to package, drain.
- Heat half & half in 4-quart saucepan over med-high heat until half & half just comes to a boil ( 3-4 min). Add cream cheese, stirring until mixture is smooth an thickened ( 2-3 min). Remove from heat. Stir in green chilies and salt. Add cooked pasta, toss to coat.
- Spread half of pasta mixture evenly into bottom of prepared baking dish, top with half jalapeno jack cheese. Repeat layer once with remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkly crushed chips over top. Bake 30-35 min or until mixture is bubbly and topping is golden brown.