Prep 22 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 8 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper jelly (or chili sauce, tomatillo salsa, or tomato salsa, or taco sauce)
- 8 slices honey-baked ham (from the deli)
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (from the deli)
- 8 slices smoked turkey (from the deli)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- milk (a splash)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Spread the bread with a light layer of pepper jelly.
- Build sandwiches using 2 slices each of ham, cheese, and turkey per sandwich.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and hot sauce; season with salt.
- Heat a griddle pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the butter in the skillet; dip each sandwich in the egg coating; cook 3-4 minutes on each side to melt the cheese and warm the meats through.
- Cut the sandwiches corner to corner and serve.
Monte Cristo sandwiches with hot pepper jelly. Mmmm...