Recipe by Zanna_409104061
This can be a make-ahead or right away recipe. Very fun and unique! If you like, modify the recipe to be just a traditional-sized meatloaf.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very tasty! I don't like ketchup on my meatloaf, but liked the chili sauce, and will use that from now on. I took the chef%u2019s suggestion of doing this as a regular meatloaf instead of burgers. Always on the look out for new meatloaf variations, and this is a keeper.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup minced scallion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato chili sauce, plus
- 3 tablespoons tomato chili sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- n a large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, scallions, garlic, 1/2 cup chili sauce, egg, chili powder, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Using your hands, mix just until combined.
- Divide beef into 4 equal portions; form each portion into a patty, about 1.5 inches thick.
- At this point, you may choose to cover each patty with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight; if not, go onto the next step.
- Transfer patties to rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until brownmed, about 15 minute.
- Brush tops and sides of patties with remaining chili sauce.
- Return to oven , cook 5-10 minutes more.
- Serve with jalapeno slices and warm tortillas, if desired.