Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Warm up with a hearty bowl of meat and vegetable chili tonight. Frozen meatballs make prep a cinch. In less than 30 minutes you'll have dinner on the table. Budget dinner price: $2.68 per serving.
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) packagefully cooked refrigerated meatballs or 1 (14 -16 ounce) packagefrozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesanta fe medley frozen mixed vegetables (corn, black beans, and red peppers)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, and or cherry tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven combine thawed meatballs and vegetables, fresh tomatoes, the water, chili powder, and tomato paste. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle chili into bowls. If desired, top with jalapeno peppers, cherry tomatoes, and/or cilantro.
- CHANGE UP:.
- Substitute turkey meatballs for the beef meatballs. Substitute a 16-ounce package of frozen carrots, peas, and green beans for the Santa Fe vegetables. Substitute 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning for the chili powder.