Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a dish that takes mashed potatoes to center stage and really "kicks them up a notch"
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 177.44 ml milk (I use skim)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2.46 ml salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 453.59 g canhormels chili without beans
- 118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese or 118.29 ml colby-monterey jack cheese
- Peel and boil the potatoes in well salted water.
- Rice the potatoes or mash them your usual way and them stir in the milk, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and green onion.
- Pour out onto a serving platter and make a well in the center with a large spoon.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chili according to package and pour into the well you formed in the potatoes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and serve.