Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a side dish I created to go along with a salsa meatloaf I was making. You can adjust the peppers to make it spicier or milder, I found adjusting the chipotle powder made the biggest difference in heat.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons southwest dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook mashed potatoes as usual.
- Add cayenne pepper, hot sauce, and chipotle powder and mix well.
- Grate cheddar cheese over mashed potatoes and heat until melted.