Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a simple marinade that only takes minutes to throw together and tastes amazing! Don't let the long list of ingredients drive you off; most of these are right there in your pantry.
- 1 limes, zest of or 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until honey is dissolved.
- pour into a resealable bag and add meat, making sure each piece is thoroughly coated.
- refridgerate for at least 6 hours; overnight is best.
Made this and used it on round steaks. Let it marinade overnight and then pan seared them. DH thought that the lime taste was a little too pronounced wo next time I will probably only used 1/2 as much. Thanks for sharing!