Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious. Allow to refrigerate overnight.
Top Review by Chef SJ #2
I really like this recipe. I used 1 pound of bulk Italian sausage (instead of the ground beef and sausage mix) and left off the sour cream and green onions because I didn't have them on hand - it was still really good! I used a ziplock bag with the corner cut off to fill the manicotti - went really fast that way. Easy recipe for those busy weeks!
- 1 lb ground round
- 4 ounces bulk italian sweet sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmedium salsa or 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, some of tops included
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the uncooked ground steak, Italian sausage, beans, chili powder and dried Italian seasoning.
- Spoon into uncooked manicotti shells; arrange in prepared baking dish.
- Combine water and salsa or picante sauce and pour over shells.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 40 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cover casserole and bake 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink.
- Uncover; spoon sour cream over the top and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Sprinkle with green onions and bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bubbling.