Recipe by wolfe.275
I'm entering this to store it. I'm still tinkering with the spices, whose measurements are very much approximations.
- 4 -6 cups water
- 1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 large roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 orange sweet bell pepper, diced
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups nonfat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 green onions, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil.
- Add macaroni to water, cook 7-9 minutes, as directed.
- In a large pan, saute olive oil, onion, garlic, lime juice, sugar, salt and spices at medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato, green & orange peppers and chill beans. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add yogurt and milk. Stir until well mixed.
- Slowly stir in cheese and flour until cheese is melted and mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat. Add cooked macaroni, mix until thoroughly coated.
- Sprinkle top with green onions and tomato, if desired, and serve.