Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A lady I work with brought this to a potluck. She gave me the recipe and it is one of my favorite lunch-time salads.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 6 ingredients; stir to combine.
- In a jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid, add the oil, vinegar, mustard, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper to taste; secure lid and shake well to mix.
- Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- This is good served on a bed of mixed salad greens.
Too much oil - cold easily cut in half. Other than that, a great versatile recipe. Thanks!
good stuff. kids and adults alike enjoyed it at the potluck i carried it to. thank you so much for sharing!
Really tasty and quick to make. A great summertime side dish with barbequed meats. I also enjoyed it with chicken quesadillas.