- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, drained, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the black beans, black olives, onion, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, red pepper, cumin salt and black pepper in a bowl and mix well. Chill, covered for 2 hours or longer.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on a 10-inch round serving plate. Spread the bean mixture over the cream cheese. Arrange the tomato in a ring around the outer edge. Sprinkle with the green onions. Serve with baked tortilla chips or reduced-fat crackers.