Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with tortilla chips. From Eating Well.
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup prepared salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Combine refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeno in a medium bowl.
- Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe 2 quart dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave on high until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives.