Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This has all the flavors I love - it's cheesy, spicy (but not too spicy) and has the "red meat" that my husband craves. Feel free to puree the tomatoes, I do because I don't like "chunks" in my lasagna. It's a winner all the way around at my house! Cooking time includes crockpot time.
- 2 lbs roast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 15 ounces enchilada sauce
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 8 corn tortillas, halved
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Put roast and onions in a crock pot, cook on low heat for 6 - 8 hours.
- Shred the roast.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large pan combine roast and onions with enchilada sauce, tomatoes, salt, garlic powder and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the monterey jack cheese, 1/2 of the cottage cheese and 1/2 of the tortillas.
- Repeat layers, topping last layer with meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 or 10 minutes before serving.