Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Southwestern twist to an old favorite. I got this recipe from a co-worker years ago. We make this quite a bit with corn or flour tortillas.
- 453.59-680.38 g ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can enchilada sauce
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 63.78 g can sliced ripe olives (drained)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml small curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 flour tortillas or 8 corn tortillas, halved
- 453.59 g monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground chuck and chopped onion, drain well.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes (with juice), olives, salt, garlic powder, pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg, set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of meat sauce in greased or sprayed 9x13 baking dish, top with 1/4 Monterey Jack, 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture and 4 halved tortillas.
- Repeat layers and end with last 1/3 of meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
Yum Yum Yum! This recipe is delicious! I've had it with both corn and flour tortillas, and they are both good, but we prefer flour tortillas. Thanks for posting this, Amy! :) Love ya!