Amy Fielding's Note:
Southwestern twist to an old favorite. I got this recipe from a co-worker years ago. We make this quite a bit with corn or flour tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives (drained)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 flour tortillas or 8 corn tortillas, halved
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, brown ground chuck and chopped onion, drain well.
- 3Stir in enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes (with juice), olives, salt, garlic powder, pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg, set aside.
- 5Spread 1/3 of meat sauce in greased or sprayed 9x13 baking dish, top with 1/4 Monterey Jack, 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture and 4 halved tortillas.
- 6Repeat layers and end with last 1/3 of meat sauce.
- 7Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 8Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.0
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 2044.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 45.5 g