Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I think this was from a booklet of lamb recipes. I am getting around to posting a lot of my clipping so that I can locate them easily. 8 hours marination required.
For the kabobs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leg of lamb, cubed, about 48 cubes
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 32 cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 32 cubes
- 2 yellow squash, small, cut into 32 cubes
- 16 small green chili peppers
For the marinade
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- To prepare marinade, heat olive oil and saute garlic and add the remaining ingredients and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Place lamb cubes in marinade and refrigerate, covered 8 hours or overnight. When ready to make, reserve marinade.
- Prepare the vegetables on 16 skewers (soaked 20 minutes in water so they won't burn) by alernating 3 cubes of lamb, 2 cubes of red and yellow peppers, 2 cubes of squash and one small green chili pepper. Baste with the remaining marinade.
- Broil or grill 12-14 minutes, turning frequently.