My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons hot chili paste, divided
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves minced garlic, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopper and divided
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 ounces of chopped peanuts
- 1 medium banana, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Dice chicken breast into small bite-sized chunks.
- 2Divide into two Ziploc bags or bowls for marinating.
- 3Dice the pork into similar size pieces, divide, and add to containers with chicken.
- 4To one container of chicken and pork add: 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- 5Coat the chicken and pork pieces and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- 6In the other container of chicken and pork, add 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon cumin, 2 minced cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, and diced jalapeno, if desired.
- 7Coat the chicken and pork pieces and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- 8In a small or medium pan, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water.
- 9Stir in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, peanuts, 1 teaspoon of chili paste, 1 teaspoon balsamic of vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- 10Heat slowly.
- 11Heat 1 T sesame oil in a wok or large sauté pan on high heat.
- 12Add chicken and pork from both containers and cook until meat is cooked.
- 13Add diced red bell pepper, cook until tender.
- 14Add diced banana, black beans, corn, and 1 tablespoon of cilantro.
- 15Add cornstarch mixture.
- 16Stir in thoroughly.
- 17Serve mixture on tortillas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Kung Pao
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.0
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 454.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 37.1 g