Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely, savory hominy dish with the flavors of the Southwest posted in response to a recipe request.
- 2 (13 ounce) cans white hominy
- 3 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (cheddar works fine, too)
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Always looking for good hominy recipes. Thanks, Molly, for this one. It is great! I did use pepper jack for a little extra kick. Molly, just wanted you to know we are still loving this recipe and using it often.
We enjoyed this tasty dish very much. I added a layer of Fritos corn chips (the small ones) on top before baking, and it added a nice crunch. Thank you, Molly, for the recipe. We will enjoy this one again.
Very Good!! I made it last night. Everyone loved it. Im always looking for a new hominy recipe.